RYHA is dedicated to promoting, organizing, and facilitating a program dedicated to recreation, sportsmanship, and excellence in youth hockey in Rochester, Minnesota. The program is specifically designed for all ages in youth hockey.
Our program starts for both boys and girls at the youngest levels with Mite Hockey. For more information on Mite hockey click on the Mite Hockey tab. Our girl’s program levels are 10U, 12U and 15U. For the boys the levels are Squirts (9&10), Pewees (11&12), and Bantams (13&14).
Registration will be open until September 8th.
Attached you will find a variety of documents for you to review in regard to changes in COVID-19 policies for Rochester Arenas. These will take effect IMMEDIATELY.
Decisions for the changes are followed by the USA Hockey and MN hockey guidelines.
Some changes that you will see are as follows:
- No entry to the building until 15 minutes before your scheduled time.
- Please leave the building within 15 minutes of your ice time concluding.
- Masks are always to be worn except while on the ice; this includes inside the locker room, in the scorer’s box, coaching on the bench.
- Minnesota hockey is asking that coaches wear a mask even while on the ice.
- We are allowing 1 parent or guardian in the building during practices if the child is under 11. Otherwise kids are dropped off at the East Doors of the Graham and Picked up there.
- A maximum of 2 spectators per player are allowed for games at this time.
- Drinking fountains are not accessible at this time so please bring your own water bottle to the rink.
- No dryland training is allowed in the building at this time.
- We are asking that players come as dressed as possible for their practice to limit time in the locker rooms.
- The pro shop and skate sharpening will remain closed at this time.
- The concession stand will remain closed at this time.
- There are specific ENTRY and EXIT doors. The EXIT doors will remain locked throughout the day.
MDH Guidance for Sports – https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/sportsguide.pdf
MDH Planning Guide for Schools (p. 10-13) –
CDC Considerations for Youth Sports - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-
CDC Youth Sport Program FAQs -
The RYHA board will be holding it’s monthly meeting this Wednesday virtually for the first time since the COVID-19 crisis in our community began. Transcripts or recording of the meeting will be available in the coming weeks. Future details for our members to join upcoming meeting virtually is being discussed and worked on. We hope each of you and your families are staying safe and well.